Junior scholars council
The Young Scholars’ Council of the Institute for African Studies of the Russian Academy of Sciences was recreated in 2009 to bring young scholars together to express their interests, maintain scientific potential and overcome negative tendencies in the age structure of the staff.
The Council is charged with coordinating the work of young scientists under the age of 35 years (PhDs under 45 years), employees, trainees-researchers, graduate students, competitors of the Institute for African Studies.
The major subject of activity of the Council is an all-round assistance in the area of professional development, improvement of research and innovation activities, solving the professional and social issues of young scientists.
E-mail of the Council: email@example.com
Statute of the Young Scholars’ Council of the Russian Academy of Sciences.
Chairman of the Young Scholars’ Council of the Institute of African Studies
Alexander A. Panov Junior research fellow of the Center for History and Cultural Anthropology
Members of council:
ARKHANGELSKAYA Alexandra Alexandrovna, Ph.D., research fellow at the Centre for Southern Africa Studies
• History, South Africa's foreign policy
BANSHCHIKOVA Anastasia, Ph.D., research fellow at the Center of History and Cultural Anthropology
• History and culture of ancient Egypt;
• Gender relations, literature and folklore of ancient Egypt;
• Russia's image in Africa.
BEKKIN Renat Irikovich, Doctor of Economics, senior research fellow
• Islamic Economics;
• Islamic Finance;
• Islamic law
ZELENOVA Daria A., Ph.D., junior research fellow
ZHUKOV Alexander, Ph.D., junior research fellow
• armed conflicts in Africa and problems of peace (Sudan, Somalia)
• ethnic and sub-ethnic factors in the current political process in Africa (Sudan, Kenya)
• regional and ethnic separatism in the North-Eastern Africa
• “African Horn" in the U.S. foreign policy
ZINKINA Y., research fellow
IVANCHENKO Oxana, junior research fellow
• Anthropology of the city, ethno-cultural processes in Tanzania
KOSTELYANETS Sergey, junior research fellow
• socio-political problems of Sudan
• armed conflicts in Africa
KRUCHINSKIY Vladislav, junior research fellow
KULKOVA Olga, Ph.D., research fellow at the Centre for Russian-African Relations and Foreign Policy in Africa.
• modern British policy towards Africa (since 1997)
• The interaction of Africa and the UK
• Issues of International Relations
LAPUSHKINA Alina, junior research fellow
e-mail: Lapushkina.alina @ gmail.com
POPOV Peter A., junior research fellow
• Southern Africa
• East Africa
• ethnic identity
• African diaspora
• settlers’ communities
SIDOROV V.A., junior research fellow
TATAROVSKAYA Irina Gennadyevna, Ph.D., research fellow at the Center for History and Cultural Anthropology
• Folklore and mythology of Tropical and Southern Africa;
• Culture and traditions in Africa.
TISHCHENKO Svetlana Mikhailovna, junior research fellow at the Centre for Sociological and Political Studies.
• Labor attitudes and values of African societies
• Trade unions in Africa
HAMATSHIN Albert Damirovich, junior research fellow at the Centre for Southern Africa Studies
• innovative projects for sustainable development (R & D, alternative energy, etc.);
• International trade and economics, scientific and technical cooperation;
• problems of developing countries; social, political and economic dynamics in Africa
ALESHIN Kirill, PhD (Econ), EMBA, Research Fellow at the Centre for Global and Strategic Studies
• National economies and international economic relations of Africa, the Middle East;
• Russia's national interests and strategy in Africa and the Middle East;
• Cooperation of government and business on the national and the international levels.