Centre for Tropical African Studies
The main fields of the Centre's Studies:
1. Socio-economic development of the countries of the region.
2. Evolution of the political systems of the Tropical Africa states in the context of the world political processes.
3. The reasons of emergence, dynamics of development and prospects of settlement of domestic conflicts in the states of Tropical Africa.
4. Activities of the regional economic and political organizations.
5. The states of Tropical Africa in the system of international relations and world economic ties at the turn of the 20lh century.
6. Problems of establishment and development of bilateral relations between the countries of Tropical Africa and the Russian Federation.
Head of the Centre - Tatiana Denisova, Ph.D. (Hist.)
The Centre's Research Assistant - Tatiana MIASISHCHEVA
Tel: (495) 695-70-20
The Centre's Research Fellows:
Vassili SOLODOVNIKOV - The RAS Corresponding Member, Principal Research Fellow, Professor, Former Director of the RAS Institute for African Studies (1964 – 1976), The USSR Ambassador to Zambia in 1976-1981, Member of the RAS Scientific Council for the Problems of Africa
• History of the Soviet/Russia -African relations.
• History of Russian African studies
Leonid GEVELING, Dr Sc. (Polit.), Senior Research Fellow,
Professor Deputy Director of the institute of Asian and African States, Moscow State University, Deputy Chairman of the RAS Scientific Council for the Problems of Africa
• Destructive forms of ruling in transition society types
• Socio-political development of West African countries
Pyotr KUPRIYANOV, Ph.D. (Econ.), Senior Research Fellow
• Agrarian problems of West African countries
• Socio-economic problems of Nigeria and Ghana
Boris PETRUK, Ph.D. (Phil.), Senior Research Fellow, Associate Professor
• Socio-political problems of Ghana, Nigeria, Zambia
• Social psychology in developing countries
Ariadna POZDNYAKOVA, Senior Research Fellow
• Economic and socio-political problems of Malawi. San-Tome and Principe, Uganda
Nina RUKINA, Research Fellow
• Economic and socio-political problems of Burkina Faso and Guinea
Svetlana SHLYONSKAYA, Research Fellow
• Economic and socio-political problems of Madagascar and Tanzania
Dmitry SOKOLOV, Ph.D. (Hist.), Senior Research Fellow
• Economic and socio-political problems of Gabon and Cameroon
Natalia VINOGRADOVA, Ph.D. (Econ.), Senior Research Fellow
Executive Secretary of the Dissertation Council on Economics
• Economic and socio-political problems of CAR, Chad and the Republic of Congo